This is one of the five critical differentiating competencies between Great HR Leaders and merely Good HR Leaders.
Click here to learn more about the five differentiating HR Skills.
Great HR Leaders create powerful business cases and obtain appropriate air-time to present them. Through personal presence, strong relationships and credibility with their stakeholders, and excellent persuasion and negotiation skills, they achieve buy-in and commitment to their proposals.
- Are you an HR Anarchist – do you ‘command the stage’ when you present – gaining and sustaining attention; arousing and nurturing their curiosity; convincing others; eliciting their desire to commit to your proposals; and securing their emotional commitment to act?
- Do you have a network of influential others on whom you can call for assistance and support?
- Do you make use of that network early enough?
- Do you engage, excite and persuade when you write?
- Do you have excellent selling skills – enabling you to persuade others to commit to your proposals?
- Do you have excellent negotiation skills – enabling you to handle objections and resistance, and move forward with your proposals?
- Do you use all of your interactions to build your own credibility and that of your team?
Our Personal Effectiveness MASTERCLASS will help you to develop your personal effectiveness.
Personal Effectiveness – “Getting the go ahead” – How to present a business case for an HR initiative and to front the HR function in ways that build credibility, earn trust, and gain commitment to proposed initiatives.
Please contact us with any questions – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)1753 415534
YES, I’d like to discuss my thoughts and needs. Click here to book a brief one-to-one telephone call.