EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT – ““EMPLOYEE CONNECTTM - WINNING HEARTS AND MINDS””
There is a lot of nonsense and bad science circulated about Employee Engagement. So, let’s be clear:
- Employee Engagement is not a general thing – it is absolutely individual; it is volatile; and, it is affected by more than just the organisation or the immediate manager. So, average scores across an organisation are interesting and meaningless; so too are most so-called benchmarks!
- Employee Engagement is not merely happiness, although low engagement often correlates with low levels of happiness. However, very happy people can still be totally disengaged from their work.
- True employee engagement is the extent to which an individual’s needs are being met by their immediate circumstances … individual’s needs … immediate circumstances.
So, the challenges for people-managers is clear:
- Diagnose each individual’s needs;
- Assess the extent to which they are being met, in general and now specifically;
- Prioritise where best to exert your personal influence;
- Take action to influence the immediate circumstances to enhance the engagement of one or more of your employees.
- The importance of employee engagement and the financial impact of it when weakened;
- The different types of motivational needs that individuals experience;
- How to diagnose each individual’s motivational needs;
- How to monitor each individual’s level of engagement;
- The factors that impact each individual’s engagement;
- How to influence an individual’s level of engagement.
Click here to learn more about our other MASTERCLASSES.