This is one of the five critical differentiating competencies between Great HR Leaders and merely Good HR Leaders.
Click here to learn more about the five differentiating HR Skills.
- Great HR Leaders truly believe that HR should and can be a leader in the development of organisational strategy, not merely subservient to it.
- Great HR Leaders understand that we live in a VUCA world but work tirelessly to make effective HR practices easy. At the same time, they fight against demands to simplify them to the point of trivialisation. “Simplifying” Performance Appraisal processes and forms … to the point where the data generated is not valid; not reliable; not differentiating; not useful; and not defensible is the classic and most common trivialisation.
- Are you an HR Anarchist – are you prepared to fight for what you believe in; to act like a leader of the business not merely a support function; to provide a service but not subservience?
- Do you have the courage to challenge the stakeholders who hold your future in their hands?
- Do you know how to appear courageous … even when you may not feel it?
- Do you believe in one or more changes that you know could make your organisation better?
- Are you clear enough in your own mind of the benefits of your goal to demonstrate determination, agility, persistence, and resilience… enough to achieve your goal?
- Have you developed a self-repair process for when things don’t go quite like you wanted.
Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. For now you are traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be.
Our Courage MASTERCLASS will help you to demonstrate courage.
Courage – “Plea, Squeak or Roar” – How to demonstrate professional courage through, for example, determination, agility, persistence, and resilience.
Please contact us with any questions – email: email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1753 415534
YES, I’d like to discuss my thoughts and needs.
Click here to book a brief one-to-one telephone call.